Aquarium Service, Aquarium Leasing, Aquarium Maintenance
Call Today for a Free Consultation (469) 450-3900
AQUARIUM SERVICES by Dallas Aquarium Experts
- Freshwater, Saltwater, and Reef Aquarium Maintenance Service
- Freshwater Aquarium Leasing
- Aquarium Removal and Relocation
- Dallas Aquarium Experts – Certified Fish and Coral
- Tank-Sitting/Vacation Aquarium Coverage
- Aquarium Sales and Installation
- Fish Rescue
- Outstanding Customer Service
Our success with aquariums starts with a true passion for them and real satisfaction in maintaining a healthy and vibrant aquarium. Our team has decades of experience and knowledge in maintaining aquariums. In addition to our aquarium knowledge. We place tremendous focus on providing outstanding customer service and it starts with communication.
Listen to what one of our many satisfied clients has to say in this video testimonial
- General Aquarium Maintenance – Algae scrubbing, water changes, and replacing filter media when needed, are just a few of the general aquarium services we provide.
- Water Quality Testing and Analysis – Testing the water quality in your aquarium is essential for maintaining a healthy aquarium. Analyzing the results properly requires experience and a deep understanding of the chemical processes happening in your aquarium. It is also key to identifying problems and preventing them from occurring.
- Saltwater and Coral Reef Maintenance – Building and maintaining a stunning coral display requires technical expertise and experience that few aquarium maintenance providers can offer. Our aquarists have many years of professional coral husbandry experience maintaining SPS, LPS, and soft coral displays that enhance any home or business.
- Freshwater Aquarium Maintenance – A properly planned and maintained freshwater system can and should be as inspiring and gorgeous as any saltwater aquarium. Maybe an African Cichlid tank with electric blues and yellow labs? Perhaps a South American aquarium with mesmerizing schools of tetras and discus? Or maybe a tank with schools of different fishes darting between the leaves and fronds?
- Vacation Aquarium Coverage / Tank Sitting – Sooner or later, everyone needs tank-sitting services DFW to ensure that their systems and animals are cared for properly while they’re away on business, vacation, emergencies and other occasions. For professional results and peace of mind when you’re away, give our professional aquarists a call.
Sit back and relax as you drift away into your aquarium. Our Aquarium Lease Programs allow you to enjoy a gorgeous freshwater aquarium while leaving all of the aquarium maintenance and service to us. Absolutely everything is taken care of. Lease aquariums are professionally installed and come complete with everything needed. Absolutely Everything is Included…the fish tank, furniture grade oak stand, decorations, filtration equipment, LED lighting, fish… even the food. We set up automatic feeders to feed your fish, and put the lighting system on timers so you don’t have to do a thing. Our professional staff will visit your location either bi-weekly or monthly to service the aquarium.
Dallas Aquarium Experts – Certified Fish and Corals
Dallas Aquarium Experts acquires a wide variety of fish for our clients upon their request.
Our process is different from what is found with retail fish stores. Retail stores buy in mass at wholesale. A high mortality rate is expected, so they are motivated to sell these fish as quickly as they can, while they are still alive and before they get sick in their tanks.
We put a high value on keeping individual fish alive and making them healthy.
Each fish goes through a very strict quarantine and treatment process. It stays in our care for several times longer than the industry standard, giving it more time to get to full health and strength so that when we acclimate it to your aquarium, you are receiving a fish with the best possible chance for a happy and flourishing life within your tank’s community.
Vacation Aquarium Coverage/ Tank-Sitting
Sooner or later, everyone needs tank-sitting services in the Dallas Metroplex to ensure that their systems and animals are cared for properly while they’re away on business, vacation, emergencies and other occasions. For professional results and peace of mind when you’re away, give our professional aquarists a call.
Custom Aquarium Design
Dallas Aquarium Experts will work closely with you to create the aquarium of your dreams as well as an aquarium that is in harmony with the space it will occupy. Through consultation we will help determine the type and style of aquarium. We take the time to educate you about the differences and variables between different aquariums.
The choices are unlimited, free-standing aquariums, aquariums that can be viewed 360 degrees, or an integrated in-wall aquarium. We will custom design the tank, including custom cabinetry for the perfect finish for your stand and canopy. We will design the filtration and lighting systems to meet the specifications of the aquarium. We can work with your architect, contractor and design professionals.
Dallas Aquarium Experts offers more than the best Aquarium Maintenance in Dallas. We have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to help a number of our clients set up a wide array of aquariums ranging from ten gallon goldfish tanks to several hundred gallon reef setups, and everything in between. No matter what size aquarium you’re interested in setting up, no matter the complexity level you’re looking for, we can make it happen. We are knowledgeable and proficient in a wide variety of different types of aquarium setups and installations, a standard stand-alone system, or a custom in-wall setup, whether you desire a Freshwater Aquarium, Saltwater Aquarium or Reef Aquarium Dallas Aquarium Experts will install and set up your Aquarium to insure a strong foundation to build on. Once your aquarium setup is complete, it is crucial to begin regular and consistent aquarium service. Dallas Aquarium Experts promises a colorful and diverse aquarium display in your home or office that will provide hours of pleasure and beauty.
What do I do with this fish? Conscientious aquarium owners care for all of their fish, even when a fish needs to come out of a tank. Dallas Aquarium Experts can take in fish that have outgrown an aquarium and rehome them in larger aquariums. All fish that come into our fish rescue program are quarantined and observed to make sure that they are in good health, and then we begin looking for their new home. We accept fish into our program on a space-available basis. If a fish has gotten too big for your aquarium, or is creating issues for the other fish. Use the contact us now form and we will contact you shortly.
SERVICE AREAS in DFW
Addison – Allen-Carrollton – Dallas – Fairview – Farmers Branch – Flower Mound – Frisco – Hackberry – Highland Park – Irving – Las Colinas – Lewisville – Lucas – McKinney – Melissa – Murphy – New Hope – Parker – Plano – Preston Hollow – Prosper – Richardson – Sachse – Savannah – The Colony – University Park
CONTACT us for a Free Service Aquarium Estimate
Schedule a free consultation where a reliable and professional service technician will come to your home or business and access your current situation. Before you make your decision on an Aquarium Maintenance Company in Dallas, allow us the opportunity to provide you a free consultation regarding your current Aquarium or we can provide an estimate on a new aquarium set-up and aquarium maintenance. Your fish will reward you with their natural beauty and years of enjoyment.
• Call us at (469) 450-3900
• Email us at sales@DallasAquariumExperts.com
Whether your need is an Aquarium Cleaning, Freshwater Aquarium Maintenance, or Salt Water Maintenance, or you are interested in a new Freshwater Aquarium, Salt Water Aquarium, or Reef Tank in your office or home, Dallas Aquarium Experts is the best choice you can make. We know what we are doing and will make sure you never need to find another Aquarium Service Maintenance Company. We want every customer to feel like they are our only customer.
Aquarium Maintenance is key to a healthy fish tank.
Good aquarium maintenance practices will lead to a healthy aquatic environment and thriving fish, providing years of joy for the hobbyist.
Expensive and time-consuming problems can be prevented by proper and consistent aquarium maintenance. The easiest way to accomplish this is through use of an aquarium maintenance service company. When you trust Dallas Aquarium Experts as your Aquarium Maintenance Service Company your fish will reward you with their natural beauty and years of enjoyment.
A key part of Fish Tank Cleaning is the water change, which should be performed bi-weekly to every four weeks for freshwater aquariums and weekly to bi-weekly on marine aquariums. In most cases, 20-40% of the tank volume is sufficient, however this depends on the frequency of water changes. A good method is to replace the water extracted while vacuuming the gravel, which will eliminate uneaten foods and other residues that settle on the substrate.
It is highly recommended to check the water parameters of both the tank and replacement water. Most tap water (city water) contains either chlorine or chloramine. Chlorine will air out rather quickly (kept in an aerated bucked for twenty-four hours); chloramine (chloramine = chlorine + ammonia) will not. Using a water conditioner will neutralize the chlorine in both cases, but ammonia will still be present in the latter. It has to be broken down by the bacteria present in the aquarium. Other elements of municipal water may be phosphates, iron, and other heavy metals. To find out about your tap water chemistry, call your local water company.
In the pursuit of providing the best water quality for your aquarium, one simple solution to this problem is to use a Reverse Osmosis (R.O.) unit to purify the water.
How does Reverse Osmosis work?
Using the simple principle of applying a pressure gradient to a semi-permeable membrane, you can eliminate most of the chemicals found in the tap water and produce pure water. The semi-permeable R.O. membrane only allows very small molecules (such as H2O) to pass through it, effectively removing 90-99% of most water impurities including pesticides, arsenic and heavy metals.
- Freshwater Aquariums
For freshwater applications, using an R.O. unit will provide water without General Hardness (GH) or Carbonate Hardness (KH). This allows addition of trace elements and electrolytes to match the natural water conditions of the fish we keep. The removal of the KH allows use of buffers to easily set the water’s pH wherever you wish. This is great for plants and soft water-loving fish like Discus and Angels.
- Marine Aquariums, Saltwater Fish Tanks, Reef Aquariums
When performing Saltwater Aquarium Maintenance Service in marine applications, an R.O. unit removes most of the “unknowns” that might cause problems. But, unfortunately, the standard R.O. membrane does not remove nuisance chemicals like phosphate, nitrate, or silicates. These chemicals are undesirable because they contribute to algae growth, which is enough of a problem without adding nutrients to help it along. The Hi-S membrane, which is less permeable than standard R.O. membranes, removes up to 99% of silicates. An R.O. unit with a final stage deionization (D.I.) cartridge removes any phosphates that pass through the R.O. unit. The combination R.O./D.I. gives you the pure water that is best for the fish and coral in your aquarium.
It is extremely important to properly condition the R.O. water for the specific aquatic inhabitants in your aquarium when doing regularly scheduled water changes or setting up a new aquarium.
At Dallas Aquarium Experts we always use Reverse Osmosis water on every Aquarium we service and maintain. In addition, to using R.O. water we know exactly how to properly condition the water for your aquariums specific needs and help your aquarium inhabitants thrive! Contact Dallas Aquarium Experts today for a free consultation, the first step in beginning professional aquarium service.
Testing Aquarium Water
Water chemistry is not visible; therefore, it is vital to check it on a regular basis. The best way to make this a routine is to check on the aquarium chemistry at the same time as your regular scheduled aquarium service.
The vital parameters are pH, nitrates, nitrites, and carbonate hardness.
Stability is the main factor with pH. pH in the range of 6.5 – 7.5 is suitable for most freshwater species, but they can adjust if slightly out of range.
- KH (carbonate hardness) is the indicator of pH stability. It should be kept under close observation if it comes close to 4.5 dH (degree hardness) or 80 ppm. You must take action if it decreases any further.
- Nitrites should be undetectable at all times (except during cycling). If you detect nitrites make sure you check on ammonia as well.
- Nitrates should be kept below 20 ppm in freshwater and 5 ppm in marine and reef (preferably 0 ppm)
In addition to pH, nitrates, and nitrites other vital parameters include, magnesium, calcium, alkalinity, phosphates and salinity.
- Magnesium, should be 1100 ppm to 1300 ppm, most stony corals will show a lack of growth at levels below 1100 ppm and a lack of health below 1000 ppm
- Calcium, many corals use calcium to form their skeletons, which are composed primarily of calcium carbonate. The corals get most of the calcium for this process from the water surrounding them. Sea water is normally close to 420 ppm, for fish only 390 ppm to 450 ppm, for reef tank inhabitants keep it between 420 ppm to 450 ppm
- Alkalinity, like calcium, many corals also use “alkalinity” to form their skeletons, which are composed primarily of calcium carbonate. Keep it around dKH 8-9
- pH 8.3 to 8.4
- Phosphates the closer to zero the better, 0 > .03 ppm
- Salinity of specific gravity 1.023 +/- .001
- Temperature 78 degrees
Recommended Aquarium Maintenance Routine
Daily Aquarium Maintenance
- Make sure the equipment is running properly.
- Watch your fish during feeding. Behavioral changes are a good indicator of a potential problem
- Check the Aquarium water temperature, to make sure the heater or chiller is working properly
Weekly Aquarium Maintenance
- Count your fish. In case of fish death, smaller species can decompose quickly, resulting in ammonia and nitrite spikes, and eventually high nitrate levels
- Check the water level in your aquarium and/or sump
Monthly Aquarium Maintenance
- Test your water for the vital parameters: pH, carbonate hardness, nitrite and nitrate
- Change 20-30% of the water by gravel vacuuming gravel
- Replace (non-biological) filter media
- Inspect tubing, connections, air stones, skimmers and other parts for proper operation
- Clean the aquarium walls interior and exterior
- Clean the aquarium top to assure your lighting is not affected
- Clean the protein skimmer in marine aquariums
Want an Aquarium but don’t have the time or the patience for the upkeep?
Let Dallas Aquarium Experts do it for you!
Our professional and dependable aquarium services can be custom tailored to fit your particular needs. Weekly visits make your aquarium a hands free experience, perfect for a waiting room or office-type setting. The bi-weekly or monthly programs let you choose the amount of involvement you wish to have.
Schedule a free consultation where a reliable professional will come to your home or business and access your current situation. Before you make your decision on an Aquarium Maintenance Company in Dallas, allow us the opportunity to provide you a free consultation regarding your current Aquarium or we can provide an estimate on a new aquarium set-up and aquarium maintenance. Your fish will reward you with their natural beauty and years of enjoyment.
• Call us at (469) 450-3900
• Email us at sales@DallasAquariumExperts.com
Role of Dallas Aquarium Experts when providing Aquarium Maintenance Service as your Fish Tank Cleaning Service Company.
Dallas Aquarium Experts will do the following for our clients
• Counsel the client on all the options for an aquarium system. There are decisions to be made on a saltwater or freshwater tank, size and shape of tank plus how much money the client is willing to spend.
• Set up the aquarium equipment and then supply the fish, plants and decorations.
• Advise client on daily care of the fish and identifying any problems with the equipment, water or fish.
• Service the aquarium on a regular basis once a month at a minimum. The aquarium servicing will include regular water changes, changing out of the filter media, cleaning of the view-able glass surface sand observing the health of the fish..
• Replace fish and plants when required.
• Provide emergency services if equipment fails or if fish show signs of disease.
Benefits of Hiring Dallas Aquarium Experts as your Aquarium Maintenance Company, Fish Tank Cleaning Service, or Saltwater Aquarium Maintenance Service
• Relying on experts to take care of the aquarium can enable people with no knowledge of aquariums to have a tank in their place of business.
• The aquarium and fish will be healthy due to constant monitoring and routine maintenance.
• Even if a client knows how to maintain a tank, there is a matter of finding time to take care of the tank while trying to conduct business.
• If the aquarium is being leased, everything can be returned to Dallas Aquarium Experts if the client does not wish to renew the aquarium lease.