Reef Aquarium Fundamentals by
Dallas Aquarium Experts
- Location – Consider a location away from natural light which will encourage algae growth. Also temperature variations will make it more difficult to maintain stable temperatures.
- Tank -Tanks with the greatest surface area provide the best gas exchange. “reef-ready” aquariums come with internal and external overflows, which is highly recommended.
- Stand – The aquarium stand must support the weight of a tank filled with water. Make certain that the stand is level and measures off the wall evenly.
- Water – You should provide your aquarium with the best water possible. Use reverse-osmosis/de-ionized water. These systems can remove almost 100% of the contaminants in tap water.
- Salt – When selecting a synthetic sea salt, choose a pro-line salt, one that is balanced and as close to the composition of natural sea salt levels as possible.
- Live Rock – The heart of a reef aquarium is the rock that is used as a biological filter. Live rock not only provides nitrification and denitrification, but also helps to create a natural setting for the aquarium inhabitants.
- Filtration – Filters aid in the removal of dissolved organic carbons (DOC) before they can decompose any further. Aquarist can choose from an array of filtration equipment and/or media, including protein skimmers, micro filter socks or pads, or GFO. These filters will help control the nutrient levels in the aquarium.
- Lights – Without proper light, the coral’s zooxanthellae cannot photosynthesize and therefore cannot provide nutrition to the host coral. Research the light requirements of the coral you intend to keep to find the correct light intensity, both in terms of the lighting system used and the coral’s position within the aquarium.
- Water Movement – Water movement delivers nutrients to the coral, removes waste matter, and stimulates coral’s epidermis.
Reef Aquarium Maintenance Service by
Dallas Aquarium Experts
Proper saltwater aquarium maintenance involves water testing, water changes, and filter media need to be changed at each aquarium service.
Saltwater and Coral Reef Maintenance
Building and maintaining a stunning coral display requires technical expertise and experience that few aquarium maintenance providers can offer. The aquarists at Dallas Aquarium Experts have many years of professional coral husbandry experience maintaining SPS, LPS, and soft coral displays that enhance any home or business.
CONTACT us for a Free Service Aquarium Estimate
Schedule a free consultation where a reliable and professional service technician will come to your home or business and access your current situation. Before you make your decision on an Aquarium Maintenance Company in Dallas, allow us the opportunity to provide you a free consultation regarding your current Aquarium or we can provide an estimate on a new aquarium set-up and aquarium maintenance. Your fish will reward you with their natural beauty and years of enjoyment.
• Call us at (469) 450-3900
• Email us at sales@DallasAquariumExperts.com
Whether your need is an Aquarium Cleaning, Freshwater Aquarium Maintenance, or Salt Water Maintenance, or you are interested in a new Freshwater Aquarium, Salt Water Aquarium, or Reef Tank in your office or home, Dallas Aquarium Experts is the best choice you can make. We know what we are doing and will make sure you never need to find another Aquarium Service Maintenance Company. We want every customer to feel like they are our only customer.