Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Maintenance Service by Dallas Aquarium Experts
Aquarium Service Consultations
If you have an aquarium and you’re not happy with how it looks, or you are thinking about owning an aquarium for the first time, but not sure where to begin, give Dallas Aquarium Experts a call. We would be happy to sit down with you and discuss your best options until we find out what works best for you and your budget. Simply sit back and let us do the work for you!
Aquarium Maintenance Service
Prices will vary based on needs, your aquarium service needs, tank size, filtration, accessibility, livestock, individual preferences and frequency of visits. We provide a free quote or phone consultation to determine the specific needs for each aquarium.
Scheduled Aquarium Maintenance Service Packages:
- Clean exterior and interior aquarium surfaces
- Turn and/or siphon debris from substrate
- Change chemical filtration media as needed
- Dose (or leave for future usage) the proper trace elements
- Check the inventory of food
- Empty protein skimmer collection cup
- Clean decorative corals, rocks, plastic plants and ornaments as needed
- Visual check equipment, air and water flow
- Visual check of fish for head-count, disease, swimming and breathing rates
- Update point of contact as needed
Reef Tank Maintenance Service
Dallas Aquarium Experts can create a Reef Tank Maintenance Service Program that fits anyone’s requirements and budget. We can service and maintain your aquarium twice weekly, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Because of the sensitivity of a reef environment and how crucial proper Aquarium Maintenance is, we recommend a recurring Maintenance Program.
Reef Tank Maintenance Service Includes
- 10-30% water change using tops of the line Reef salt and RO/DI filtered water
- Fill sump with RO/DI water at desired level
- Scrub algae off of all inner aquarium walls using many tools; hand scrubbers, scrapers, and magnets
- Scrub algae from the sand line and below
- Change all filter bags and media
- Add all supplements
- Clean outside glass and surfaces
- Clean Protein Skimmer
- Tune-up (ensure pumps, lighting, etc. are working properly)
- Clean sump area
- Fish health assessment
- Water testing (calcium, alkalinity, nitrate, phosphate, PH, ammonia, nitrite, salinity, etc.)
- Deliver livestock/fish food as needed ( We pre make frozen fish food bags for easy daily feedings)
One of the greatest services that sets us apart is our standard quarantine for all service clients. This is a rare service in the saltwater world as it can be a significant amount of labor & stress to set up one or more other tanks for treatment that maybe necessary. We implement a few methods that take time but allow you to have a comfort and peace of mind knowing your livestock will be healthy when we deliver them.