Aquarium Maintenance Service Company
Ten Common Aquarium Maintenance Mistakes
1) Allowing too much time between water changes.
2) Letting the mechanical filters and skimmer become dirty and clogged
3) Using impure water for makeup
5) Using cheap synthetic
6) Allowing dead spots to form and detritus to build up on, under, and behind rocks
7) Not using activated carbon to clarify water
8) Only changing the fluorescent lights after they are burned out
9) Using window cleaners containing ammonia near the aquarium
10) Not using Dallas Aquarium Experts as your aquarium maintenance service company
Contact Dallas Aquarium Experts today for a free estimate!
One last “maintenance task” that should be done daily is to sit back and observe the aquarium. As simple as this sounds, there is no more important habit.
Below you’ll find some tips on chores you can do daily to ensure your aquarium is running in tip-top shape.
Each day’s routine also involves an inspection of all the livestock in my tank. You want to make sure that all the animals are present and accounted for (i.e., nothing has perished in the rockwork or leapt from the tank) and that everything looks healthy, uninjured, and disease-free. This really isn’t much of a chore, since it gives you an excuse to observe the tank and enjoy the fruits of my labor.
Check water temperature and specific gravity to make sure these crucial parameters aren’t straying off course. Monitoring these parameters daily allows you to catch and correct subtle deviations using small adjustments rather than having to make hug corrections after a precipitous change has occurred.
You should perform a quick daily inspection of all my heating, filtration, lighting, and protein-skimming equipment to make sure everything is functioning properly.
This may sound like a lot to do each day, but again, these are all very simple steps and virtually all of them can be completed in a matter of minutes.